Swim Team is right around the corner! Although it’s just now March, there is still plenty to do to get us ready. Here is some information to pass along:
1. Former Lexington Lakers swimmer, Lindsay Duzan will be the head coach this year!!!
2. We are looking into having some optional skill clinics taught by Lindsay this year.
3. You can still sign up for the ISU Swim Camp and/or Clinics https://illinoisstatesportscamps.com/swimming/index.php
4. We are working hard on scheduling our dual-team swim meets for Tuesdays and Thursdays in June and July with nearby towns.
5. We will have new 2-year suits this year. Think bubbles!
6. We are in the process of designing new sweatshirts, t-shirts, and flannel pants through The Lifeguard Store!
7. Mark your calendars for the 4th Annual 2010 Lexington Invitational on Saturday, July 10, 2010. We will need as many swimmers and parents and volunteers at this meet as possible to continue making it a successful meet and a major source of income for our swim team which helps to keep our registration costs low!
8. The El Paso Invitational is June 19 and the Pontiac Pentathlon is June 26.
9. We are working on an optional co-op with Bloomington Parks and Rec giving those swimmers who want “a little extra” the chance to swim 2 additional meets with Bloomington and the ability to swim in the ‘famous’ TCSC (Twin Cities Swim Conference) “B” Meet and “Championship” Meet on July 17 and July 24 respectively. More info will come on this exciting opportunity!
10. Sign-ups will be in April. More info will come on this as well!