Friday, May 30, 2008
The first practice for swim team will be Wednesday, June 4 at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00. Plans are to have a light practice and dryland in the small pool on Wednesday.
You can keep up to date by visiting the website at http://lexingtonlakers.blogspot.com. If anything changes, I will let you know before Wednesday. Thanks!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Hello. I know several of you signed up at Swim Team sign ups or through email. Even with all of you signing up we still have several openings we need to fill. Here is a list of openings I have for our home meets for the 2008 swim team season. This doesn't not include the Lexington Invitational, there will be a separate sign up for that day. Please let me know if you can help us out with any of these openings. At the bottom of this email is a list of people that have not yet volunteered and how many times they need to sign up.
Saturday, June 14 vs. Bloomington Parks 8am warm up, 8:30am meet
1 timer1 ribbon helper1 bull pen2 lane judges
Tuesday, June 17 vs. Roanoke 5:30 warm up, 6pm meet
2 bullpen3 lane judges
Tuesday, June 24 vs. Fairbury 5:30 warm up 6pm meet
1 timer2 bullpen2 lane judges
Thursday, June 26 vs. Flanagan 5:30 warm up, 6pm meet
1 ribbon helper2 bull pen2 lane judges1 runner
Thursday, July 10 vs. Clifton 5:30 warm up, 6pm meet
6 timers1 ribbon helper2 bullpen3 lane judges1 runner
Saturday, July 12 vs. Eureka 8am warm up, 8:30 meet
4 timers1 ribbon helper1 runner2 bullpen3 lane judges
Thursday, July 17 vs. Washington 5:30warm up, 6pm meet
2 timers1 ribbon2 runners2 bullpen3 lane judgesIf you have any questions feel free to contact me. Thanks, Ginnie Hilt
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Practice times are as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.: Advanced and/or Older swimmers
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Advanced and/or Experienced Younger Swimmers
- 11:00 a.m. - Noon: All 8 and under and/or 1st year Swimmers
- This year practice times will not be adjusted for other activities (summer camps, VBS, etc.). If your swimmer cannot make the scheduled time slot because of other commitments, they are welcome to swim at another time slot.
- Swimmers can move up time slots depending on work/improvement at any time. Talk to Clif or Katie prior to switching time slots.
- If you don't know which time slot your swimmer should be in, please talk to Clif or Katie.
- With three practices, each lane will have only 3-4 swimmers which will provide better instruction and more time doing strokework.